Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today was the first day of triathalon training. Jen Warner and I are going to do the Share a smile triathlon in Orem. We are well on our way. We got up at 5:00 a.m. and headed to the South Davis Recreation Center and rode bikes and ran and swam and lifted weights. Go Us!!! If anyone wants to join us feel free. It feels so great! Oh ya, Jay came too, but he is not doing the triathalon. He says he sinks instead of swims. I will keep you all updated on our progress. I realize this is January, and most goals are broken by February, but we are going to stick with it to the end.

Larna

4 comments:

JoDell said...

When is the big event? If I don't still have strep throat, I'd love to cheer you on.

Unknown said...

The big event isn't until Aug. last year it was on the 23rd. I don't know when it will be this year. Here is the link.

http://www.shareasmile.net/triathalon.php

Annalise said...

Go, Larna! My sister's old roommate is one of the organizers for this event, and I hear such great things about it. I've had several sisters & sisters-in-law participate previously, and they loved it. I hear there's the sprint distance, and the swimming is in a pool. Maybe one of these years I'll have to join you!

We missed you last Thursday!

Catherine said...

I think someone dies in this event annually. Not to be a pessimist, but I hope it isn't either one of you this year. Perhaps you should rethink this over a Big Mac and strawberry shake. Mmmm.